HOW TO ESTABLISH YOUR PURPOSE AND COMPANY VALUES
When our clients come to us for help with their marketing, the first thing we do is understand their purpose. What is their reason for existence and what are the values driving that existence? Only then can you start to build a marketing plan or campaign idea.
Your purpose and company values should be the basis of all communications. If this isn't clear before you start publishing you'll end up with a jumbled mix of messages with no cohesion or common thread, the end result of which is prospective customers feeling confused either about who you are, what your selling or your professionalism and expertise.
If you don't have a defined set of values, a clear purpose, or are unsure about how to frame your marketing around these values and purpose, message then team for a free consultation.
At BIG little LDN, before anyone is hired, we take them through our vision, our values, what sets us apart from every other marketing and PR agency and what we want to achieve. It's so important that your employees are aligned with each of these. They will become your best advocates and your most powerful marketing tool.
The BIG little LDN values
1.ORGANISATIONAL EFFICIENCY. We don’t waste time on manual tasks or those which add no value to the business or our own personal development. Think. Can it be automated? Are you learning anything? What is the value of this to the business? What could you be doing instead?
2. TRUST AND RESPECT. For each other, for our clients and for yourself. This is your business. Your reputation.
3. HONESTY. Honest to our clients, to each other and to ourselves.
4. BE BETTER THAN YOU WERE YESTERDAY. Read a business book a month. Go to networking events. Meet more people. Never settle. Make a difference.
5. WORK HARD. There is a famous quote; Grind in your 20's, build in your 30's, chill in your 40's. No one wants to work forever, so work really hard now.
6. PRIDE. Be your own worst critic. Celebrate and be proud of yours and the teams achievements.
7. SMILE. We work here because we love what we do and if that doesn’t put a smile on your face, your in the wrong job (but we’ll support you in finding the right one).
8. DON’T HIDE BEHIND EMAILS. If you can, always do it
over the phone. Bad news at BIG little LDN is rare, but should you have to give it, always do it over the phone.
9. PRACTISE WHAT WE PREACH. The cobblers son may have not had any shoes, but at BIG little LDN everything we recommend for our clients, we are already doing for ourselves.
10. OWN UP. Take responsibility for your own actions. Don’t deflect the blame. Mistakes are an important part of learning.
11. STRAIGHT TALKING. Don’t beat around the bush. Say it as it is, but always be polite.